Thursday, October 10, 2013

My cats think Hindi is purring

I was practicing Hindi sounds. It's a very nasal language, and my cats got all excited about it! Can it be evidence of their species' reputation as enlightened yogis? Did they mistake my Hindi for Sanskrit? Hey, my cats taught me most of the yoga I know, and they look non-judgmental when I fail at "Head curled onto Feet" position.

My buddy worked for airlines, so if there's a seat for me, I can fly to India stand-by almost for free. There's an airport tax or something... but basically it's costing the airline to fly ME! It eases my conscience not to vote for air pollution with my dollars. The cost is to nerves and dignity. In the past, the process has involved being bumped and sleeping on an airport floor, which in Mumbai may be a colorful experience.

The airline flight benefits are stipulated to apply only to pleasure trips, so I'm required to enjoy anything that happens.

Maybe if I attempt to speak Hindi, people will think I'm purring...?

VC Bestor
FangedWilds.org
Twitter
Facebook

Fanged Wilds and Women Program is a 501c3 Tax-Exempt Organization

No comments:

Post a Comment